Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cocoa Foot Dipping

In my ramblings about the internet today I came across Andy Matuschak's gentle introduction to Cocoa entitled "Getting Started with Cocoa: A Friendlier Approach."  I have to say I was fairly impressed with his friendlier approach and wished it was available all those years ago when I was first learning Cocoa.  To any of you out there considering diving in, why not get your feet wet with Andy's introduction?  What a perfect way to spend your holiday vacation time!
A quote from the article:
Now, don’t let this scare you, but I’m going to just come out and say it: Cocoa is huge. It consists of a great number of frameworks that can accomplish just about anything you need in application development. 
So any attempt to “learn Cocoa” is going to result in disappointment. We’ve just got to get you on your feet and show you how to find answers. We’ve got to give you a Cocoa intuition. I have no idea how to use Bonjour, for instance, but I’m sure I could use it in an app today if I wanted to. That’s what we’re aiming for.

No comments: